Saturday, November 28, 2009

Jump Start on Change

Most people write resolutions for New Year's. I do mine on my birthday, which is coming up in the next couple weeks. I figure it's a new year for me, so why not?!

This year, I'm getting a bit of a jump start and joining up with a bunch of other folks over at Ragamuffin Soul on the 30 day holiday health challenge.

For the next 30 days my goals are:
Physically - loose 10 pounds and get back on my daily meds (hate them!)
Spritually- do a study on the word "hope" and then memorize a verse a week about that topic
Relationally - Hand write christmas cards (should have mentioned I'm also going to actually mail them this year too)and ask 2 people I don't know very well out for coffee.

I'll be keeping track of my progress here.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Bob!

    Today didn't get off too a terribly good start. You know how when you decide to loose weight all you can think about is eating? That's how today was for me. Ate way to much and exercised FAR too little. Like..um...not at all. (blushing)

    Did decide this would be my first verse to memorize this month.

    Romans 15:13 "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

    like it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great verse Laura! Hope, joy, peace and trust.. all issues of the heart for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I think it's definately a good one to start out with!

    Today went better with the eating too. Didn't feel like I had to eat everything.

    Tomorrow I am going to sit down and write out Christmas cards for a couple hours at the local coffee shop. Mail them on the way back home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tonight I wrote out about a dozen Christmas cards. Have a few more to finish up, address and mail. Will complete this by the end of the week.
    Glad @lowswhit posted the challenge or I probably wouldn't have taken the time to write them out.

    ReplyDelete