Sunday, November 29, 2009

The time of waiting has arrived



Like many people, I'm in a time of waiting in my life:

Waiting for a job
Waiting for my nephew's visit
Waiting for direction
Waiting to see the family I've missed for so long
Waiting for my Ukrainian friends to arrive in The States
Waiting for the new baby in my extended family

All of these things I'm waiting for are good things, things I'm looking forward to having happen and will celebrate when they do.

Advent, the time christians begin the new year, is also a time of waiting.  It's a season of remembering how the world waited for so long for a saviour and of looking forward to his return.   Millions of Christians all over the world celebrate this time together. This year, I'll be joining them by posting here daily.

In an effort to slow down enough to pay attention, I'll be making daily postings of images, links, songs, and texts. Hopefully, you'll take some time each day away from the hustle and bustle that is Christmas, to be absorbed into the story in a real way.


Prayer:
Intimate God,
we yearn for the light of your coming
and the warmth of your embrace;
focus our hearts on the truly important
and keep us centered on that still point, Jesus our Emmanuel,
who is alive with you and the Holy Spirit,
one God now and for ever. Amen.


Readings for the day:
Psalms 50:1-6
Zechariah 14:4-9
1 Thessalonians 3:9-13
Luke 21:25-31

No comments:

Post a Comment