Sunday, October 28, 2007

Mystery Invitation

Last week I received a voice mail from a woman I'd never heard of, with an invitation to show at an art & crafts show, in a neighboring town, benefiting an organization I'd never heard of.

Today I returned the call and spoke with one of the co-chairs of the event. I've never heard of her either. Our conversation was quite funny because I was trying to get across the fact that I knew nothing about this event except the date but she wasn't quite getting it.

Our talk went something like this:

Her: .......oh, so you know June
Me: No, I don't know June. I don't know how I got on your list. I just got a phone call from Darlene
Her: Oh, you know Darlene...
Me: No, I don't know Darlene. She said she got the list from June.
Her: Oh, so it's June you know...
Me: No, I don't know anyone. I'm not even sure how I got on your list. I've never even heard of your organization. I just got a voice mail asking if I'd be interested in this show, so I called back.
Her: Oh, you haven't spoken to anyone.
Me: Yes, I spoke with Darlene. She told me the date and the place but she didn't know the details, like the size of tables and the time of the show.
Her: Oh, you know Darlene.
Me: No, I don't know Darlene. She called me, left me a voice mail. I called back, she told me the date and time and told me to call you for more details. So I'm calling you.
Her: Oh, so you don't know anything about this.

I kid you not....that's how the conversation went!! After all that, I found out that this is the first year this group is doing an arts show. Prior years they've done silent auctions. They have a "huge" turnout (wonder what that means exactly), there's a potluck at the same time, and the food is really good!

Frankly, that last line sold me.

So, I'm going to put my stuff up for sale to benefit an organization I've never heard of, at a place where I don't know anyone, and for I don't know for how long, or what time exactly (they haven't worked that out yet) or how many people will be there!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!


Thanks to whomever gave my name and number to whomever you gave it to!!

No comments:

Post a Comment